The Women Who Code Team is dedicated to empowering women to confidently use technology in an environment that fosters creativity and teamwork. This community of students work together to learn new coding skills, share ideas, host skill development workshops, offer peer-to-peer learning opportunities, participate in hackathons, and create events that fit the needs of students and reflect current technology trends in business.
- Work with and assist the lead intern and fellow interns, to launch, build, and grow an engaged learning community of undergraduate and graduate women students interested in coding.
- Assist in the creation a strategic plan for the year and include mission, goals, marketing, implementation plan, and desired outcomes.
- Schedule events, workshops, speakers, and other activities for the IU community to further common interests.
- Help provide timely reports regarding marketing plans, attendance, assessment information following various programs.
- Commit to the overall mission of the Center and to the goals of the team to develop a meaningful community.
- Serve as a role model to members.
- Be an advocate for women and underrepresented groups in coding.
- Submit weekly progress reports to lead Intern.
- Attend weekly meeting with lead intern and faculty champion.
- Attend any all intern meetings.
All student employees are required to:
- Attend mandatory Student Leadership Orientation Retreat the first weekend after fall classes begin.
- Work at the annual Summit on March 6 & 7, 2019.