First year and sophomore women of all majors are paired with IU faculty mentors from across campus to conduct research in all disciplines in this year-long program. All projects actively use technology and/or computing and require NO previous experience. Together with other students in the cohort, students enroll in a spring class, and participate in a research hackathon and a poster competition.
Experience real research in a supportive, collaborative environment
- Critical thinking skills
- Intellectual engagement
- Communications skills
- Ability to manage projects
- Overall academic ability
Student researchers report
- Better understanding of skills, abilities, and interests
- Better preparation for a career or graduate school
- Intellectual growth and interest in ideas
- Personal growth in attitudes and values
2018-2019 REUW Cohort
2019-2020 REU Program Details
Program begins October 17, 2019 and continues through May 8, 2020. Students receive 5 hours of research course credit for the entire program (3 credits in the fall and 2 credits in the spring, which includes an undergraduate research methods class).
- Attend Fall REU Orientation, September 29, 2019
- Conduct 8-10 hours of research per week
- Take a spring Research Methods Course
- Participate in our Research Hackathon, February 7 - 9, 2020
- Participate in our Women's Research Poster Competition, April 14, 2020
The 2019-2020 program is currently full. Applications for 2020-2021 will open Summer of 2020.