The Social Media team is dedicated to empowering women to confidently use technology in an environment that fosters creativity and teamwork. This community of students work together to learn how toengage an audience through social media posts and interactions, share ideas, host workshops from “Google Analytics” to “Personal Branding”, offer a peer-to-peer learning opportunities, and create events that fit the needs of students and reflect current technology trends in professional uses of social media.
Under direct supervision, the Social Team Lead assists in the creation of content for and plans communication efforts via CEW&T’s social media sites. The student hired in this role will create and maintain a social media strategic plan using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Pinterest, as well as seek out other platforms appropriate for CEW&T’s communication
Additionally, the student in this position is expected to lead CEW&T’s Social Media Student Alliance team by assigning and managing tasks to implement and broaden the exposure and impact of the social media strategy. The lead will also work to grow a learning community of students interested in social media skills and careers through events, workshops, and speakers.
We will consider both undergraduate and graduate students for this position.
- The lead intern, with the support of a faculty champion, will launch, build, and grow an engaged CEW&T Learning Community of undergraduate and graduate women students focused primarily on the shared interest in social media.
- Create a vision plan for the year and include mission, goals, marketing, implementation plan and desired outcomes.
- Schedule events, workshops, speakers, and other activities for SIG members and the IU community to further common interests.
- Network with social media professionals in the Indiana University community.
- Supervise 2 interns who are charged with assisting in the development of this community.
- Provide timely reports to CEW&T regarding marketing plans, attendance, and assessment information following various programs.
- Commit to the overall mission of CEW&T and to the goals of the SIG to develop a meaningful community.
- Serve as a role model to members.
- Be an advocate for women and underrepresented groups in social media.
- Submit weekly progress reports to Lead Intern.
- Meet weekly meeting with interns and faculty champion.
- Attend any all intern meetings.
All student employees are required to:
- Attend mandatory Student Leadership Orientation Retreat the first weekend after fall classes begin.
- Attend and present at the annual Technology Summit