The Social Media team is dedicated to empowering women to confidently use technology in an environment that fosters creativity and teamwork. This community of students work together to learn how toengage an audience through social media posts and interactions, share ideas, host workshops from “Google Analytics” to “Personal Branding”, offer a peer-to-peer learning opportunities, and create events that fit the needs of students and reflect current technology trends in professional uses of social media.
- Assist the lead intern, with the support of a staffchampion, togrow an engaged learning community of undergraduate and graduate womenstudents focused primarily on the shared interest in social media.
- Assist in the creation a strategic plan for the year and include mission, goals, marketing, implementation plan and desired outcomes.
- Plan and schedulebi-weeklyevents, workshops, speakers, and other activities for the IU community related to social media and empowering women in technology.
- Assist the lead intern with implementing the CEW&T social media strategy to promote the Center, CEW&T events, and the CEW&T mission.
- Network with social media professionals in the Indiana University community.
- Help provide timely reports to CEW&T regarding marketing plans, attendance, and assessment information following various programs.
- Commit to the overall mission of CEW&T and to the goals of the team to develop a meaningful community.
- Serveas a role model to members.
- Be an advocate for women and underrepresented groups in social media.
- Submit weekly progress reports to Lead Intern.
- Attend weekly meeting with lead intern and faculty champion.
- Attendany all intern meetings.
All student employees are required to:
- Attend mandatory Student Leadership Orientation Retreat the first weekend after fall classes begin.
- Attend and present at the annual Technology Summit