The mission of the IU Center of Excellence for Women & Technology is to inspire, encourage, and educate IU women to develop tech skills, which gives them an edge in whatever field, discipline, or career they choose. The Outreach Team seeks energetic and engaging undergraduate leaders who love technology and are willing to share their enthusiasm with other students, particularly first-and second-year women at IU. The mission of this group is to help spark an interest in technology, share the benefits of having technical skills, and raise awareness of the Center, our programs, and our resources.
- Work with and assist the lead intern to raise awareness of the Center and drive member affiliation:
- Assist in the exploration of opportunities to broaden the Center’s exposure to students and to the campus.
- Assist with campus, residence hall, and informational tabling events and classroom visits.
- Help to schedule events, workshops, speakers, open houses and other activities for the IU community to further common interests.
- Assist in the creation of a strategic plan for the year and include mission, goals, marketing, implementation plan and desired outcomes.
- Help provide timely reports regarding marketing plans, attendance, and assessment information following various programs.
- Commit to the overall mission of the Center and to the goals of the team.
- Serve as a role model to the Center’s affiliates and the campus community.
- Be an advocate for women and underrepresented groups.
- Submit weekly progress reports to lead intern.
- Attend weekly meeting with the lead intern and the graduate assistant.
- Attend any all lead intern meetings.
- Must be available to begin work limited hours the week before each semester begins.
All student employees are required to:
- Attend mandatory Student Leadership Orientation Retreat the first weekend after fall classes begin.
- Attend and present at our annual Technology Summit