MediaMakers is an interdisciplinary team committed to empowering women working across the media spectrum. Together, we aim to build confidence and knowledge in the use of technology to promote academic, career, and social advancement of women. MediaMakers supports the needs of students in the Media School and Center affiliates and also serves the broader IU community of students interested in creative media. The team provides opportunities for instructional tutorials, professional development, networking, and socializing. Each day, MediaMakers works to develop and maintain a rich information-technology environment throughout the university that supports IU's vision for excellence in research, teaching, outreach, and lifelong learning.
- Work with and assist the lead intern to launch, build, and grow an engaged learning community of undergraduate and graduate women students interested in media and technology.
- Assist in the creation of a strategic plan for the year that includes mission, goals, marketing, implementation plan, and desired outcomes.
- Schedule events, workshops, speakers, and other activities for the IU community to further common interests.
- Help provide timely reports regarding marketing plans, attendance, and assessment information following various programs.
- Commit to the Center’s mission and to the goals of the team to develop a meaningful community.
- Serve as a role model to interns and members.
- Advocate for women and underrepresented groups in the media and tech arena.
- Meet weekly meeting with lead champion and interns.
- Submit weekly progress reports to lead intern.
- Attend weekly meetings with lead intern.
All student employees are required to:
- Attend mandatory Student Leadership Orientation Retreat the first weekend after fall classes begin
- Attend and present at our annual Technology Summit