CEW&T’s Game Design team is an inclusive effort to bring women and allies together in the pursuit of game design and the associated skills and technologies. We host a variety of workshops focusing on production software, coding, and the creation of artistic assets for digital games. In addition to teaching valuable skills, the team typically invites a guest speaker each semester with industry and/or game design experience who shares their perspectives with students. We sometimes just get together to socialize and play games. We are dedicated to empowering women to confidently use technology in an environment that fosters creativity and teamwork and create events that fit the needs of students and reflect current technology trends in gaming.
- Work with and assist the lead intern and fellow interns,to launch, build, and grow an engaged learning community of undergraduate and graduate women students interested in game design.
- Assist in the creation of a strategic plan for the year and include mission, goals, marketing, implementation plan, and desired outcomes.
- Schedule events, workshops, speakers, and other activities for the IU community to further common interests.
- Help provide timely reports to CEW&T regarding marketing plans, attendance, and assessment following various programs.
- Commit to the overall mission of CEW&T and to the goals of the team to develop a meaningful community.
- Serve as a role model to interns and members.
- Be an advocate for women and minorities in game design.
- Submit weekly progress reports to Lead Intern.
- Attend weekly meeting with lead intern and staff champion.
- Attend any all intern meetings.
All student employees are required to:
- Attend mandatory Student Leadership Orientation Retreat the first weekend after fall classes begin
- Attend and present at the annual Technology Summit