The mission of the IU Center of Excellence for Women & Technology is to inspire, encourage, and educate IU women to develop and refine tech skills, which will give them an edge in whatever field, discipline, or career they choose. The goal of the Allies for Equity team is to provide an opportunity for males to support and engage with the Center’s mission though exposure, advocacy, and practical application. Through involvement with this team, you will learn about the challenges of women in technology as well as ways that you can leverage this knowledge and your identity to raise awareness and combat negative influences that perpetuate the male dominated culture in technology.
- The lead intern, with the support of the staff champion, will launch, build, and grow an engaged learning community of undergraduate male allies.
- Create a strategic plan for the team and include mission, goals, marketing, implementation plan and desired outcomes.
- Schedule events, workshops, speakers, and other activities.
- Supervise two interns who will assist in the development of this community.
- Provide timely reports regarding marketing plans, attendance, and assessment information following various programs.
- Commit to the Center’s mission and to the goals of the team to develop a meaningful community.
- Serve as a role model on IU’s campus.
- Be an advocate for women and underrepresented
- Meet weekly with champion and interns.
- Submit weekly progress reports to champion and director.
- Attend all lead intern meetings.
All student employees are required to:
- Attend mandatory Student Leadership Orientation Retreat the first weekend after fall classes begin.
- Work at the annual Summit on March 6 & 7, 2019.