The mission of the IU Center of Excellence for Women & Technology is to inspire, encourage, and educate IU women to develop tech skills, which gives them an edge in whatever field, discipline, or career they choose. The Outreach Team seeks energetic and engaging undergraduate leaders who love technology and are willing to share their enthusiasm with other students, particularly first-and second-year women at IU. The mission of this group is to help spark an interest in technology, share the benefits of having technical skills, and raise awareness of the Center, our programs, and our resources.
- The lead intern will raise awareness of CEW&T and drive member affiliation::
- Explore opportunities to broaden CEW&T exposure to students and to the campus.
- Coordinate, schedule, and staff campus, residence hall, and informational tabling events and classroom visits.
- Represent CEW&T during Resource Fair at all New Student Orientation summer sessions.
- Schedule events, workshops, speakers, open houses and other activities for the IU community to further common interests.
- Create a strategic plan for the year and include mission, goals, marketing, implementation plan and desired outcomes.
- Supervise three interns who will assist in these outreach efforts as well as any on-call outreach ambassadors.
- Provide timely reports to CEW&T regarding marketing plans, attendance, and assessment information following various programs.
- Commit to the overall mission of CEW&T and to the goals of the team.
- Serve as a role model to interns and members.
- Be an advocate for women and underrepresented groups.
- Submit weekly progress reports to GA for student engagement.
- Attend any all lead intern meetings.
- Must be available to begin work limited hours the week before each semester begins.
All student employees are required to:
- Attend mandatory Student Leadership Orientation Retreat the first weekend after fall classes begin.
- Attend and present at our annual Technology Summit