IUB Women Rising (IUBWR) promotes leadership and career development for women by serving IUB students with education and practical tools to close the gender equity gap through innovative outreach and advocacy programming. The goals of IUBWR are to build awareness, knowledge and understanding of equity gap issues; increase leadership opportunities & advocacy skills for women; and encourage early career development and planning with this knowledge.
- Identify and engage IU students and groups across campus for outreach events that build awareness of career related gender equity issues.
- Assist in the creation a strategic plan for the year and include mission, goals, marketing, implementation plan, and desired outcomes.
- Research, develop, and present TENTalk presentations on gender wage gap and other gender equity topics.
- Market TENTalks and build a schedule to present to classes, organizations, and events on the gender wage gap.
- Help curate content to maintain active IUBWR social media accounts.
- Staff events to raise awareness of both the Center and IUBWR and to drive member affiliation:
- Broaden Center and IUBWR exposure to students and to the campus
- Plan and host Equal Pay Days
- Assist with campus tabling events and classroom visits
- Keep up to date on Center programs, events, and initiatives in order in inform the public
- Assist trained AAUW SmartStart workshop facilitators during workshops.
- Help provide timely reports regarding marketing plans, attendance, assessment information following outreach events.
- Serve as a role model to affiliates and advocate for women and underrepresented groups.
All student employees are required to:
- Attend mandatory Student Leadership Orientation Retreat on August 28-29, 2020.
- Attend and present at our annual Technology Summit on on March 5-6, 2021