The Black Women & Technology Team is dedicated to promoting and empowering success and persistence among Black women in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) at Indiana University. Events sponsored by this team are responsive to the needs and interests of both undergraduate and graduate community women and where possible will include a technology component as a catalyst to excellence in personal, academic, or career life.
- Work with and assist lead intern and fellow interns to launch, build, and grow an engaged Learning Community of undergraduate and graduate Black women students.
- Assist in the creation of a strategic plan and include goals, marketing, implementation plan, and desired outcomes.
- Schedule events, workshops, speakers, and other activities.
- Help provide timely reports regarding marketing plans, attendance, assessment information following various programs.
- Commit to our overall mission and to the goals of the team to develop a meaningful community.
- Serve as a role model to members.
- Be an advocate for women and underrepresented groups in social media.
- Submit weekly progress reports to Lead Intern.
- Attend weekly meeting with lead intern and faculty champion.
- Attend any all intern meetings.
All student employees are required to:
- Attend mandatory Student Leadership Orientation Retreat on August 28-29, 2020
- Attend and present at our annual Technology Summit on March 5-6, 2021