The mission of the IU Center of Excellence for Women & Technology is to inspire, encourage, and educate IU women to develop and refine tech skills, which will give them an edge in whatever field, discipline, or career they choose. The goal of the Allies for Equity team is to provide an opportunity for males to support and engage with the Center’s mission though exposure, advocacy, and practical application. Through involvement with this team, you will learn about the challenges of women in technology as well as ways that you can leverage this knowledge and your identity to raise awareness and combat negative influences that perpetuate the male dominated culture in technology.
- Work with and assist the lead intern and fellow interns, to launch, build, and grow an engaged learning community of undergraduate and graduate male-identifying students interested in continuously engaging in and advocating for allyship.
- Assist in the creation of a strategic plan for the year including mission, goals, marketing, implementation plan, and desired outcomes.
- Assist with scheduling events, workshops, speakers, and other activities for the IU community to further common interests and advocate for male allyship.
- Help provide timely reports regarding marketing plans, attendance, assessment information following various programs.
- Commit to the Center’s mission and to the goals of the team to develop a meaningful community.
- Serve as a role model to members and other male-identifying persons at IU.
- Commit to being an advocate for women and underrepresented groups.
- Submit weekly progress reports to Lead Intern.
- Attend weekly meeting with lead intern and staff champion.
- Attend any all intern meetings.
All student employees are required to:
- Attend mandatory Student Leadership Orientation Retreat the first weekend after fall classes begin.
- Work at our annual Technology Summit