The IU Center of Excellence for Women & Technology promotes a culture of technology skill development through a variety of content and formats including the understanding, design creation, and use of 3D printers. Through the process of 3D printing, one can create a 3-dimensional object by laying down successive layers of material based on a computer driven design. We provide workshops for students, faculty, and staff that introduce the concepts behind 3D printing and design and describes the design process, use of modeling software, and actual printing of the designed objects.
- Work with and assist the lead intern to present workshops for students, faculty, and staff on the use of the software and MakerBot printers in the 3D printing lab in the Wells Library.
- Assist in the development of new 3D workshops to meet the needs of the IU community.
- Assist in the creation of a vision plan for the year including mission, goals, marketing, implementation plan, and desired outcomes for 3D printing workshops.
- Schedule and plan workshops including marketing strategies.
- Help provide timely reports regarding calendar of workshops, marketing plans, workshop attendance and assessment information.
- Commit to our mission.
- Help expand the use of the lab through an increasing community of skilled users.
- Be an advocate for women and underrepresented groups skilled in 3D printing & Design.
- Submit weekly progress reports to lead intern.
- Attend weekly meetings with lead intern.
All student employees are required to:
- Attend mandatory Student Leadership Orientation Retreat on August 28-29, 2020
- Work at the annual Technology Summit on March 5-6, 2020