We extend this open invitation to employers, IU students, faculty, staff, alumnae, and members of the general public, to submit proposals for breakout sessions at the 2021 Statewide Summit on Women & Tech: Empower, Engage, Educate conference that provide attendees an opportunity to celebrate women & technology and to share, learn, engage with, and experience technology across a variety of skill levels and topics. Proposals are due by 11:59pm, January 26, 2021.
Share your knowledge
- Interactive workshops on topics such as technology skill development, empowerment, and/or professional development for personal and career success.
- Workshops directly related to empowerment are also welcome. Possible topics include: salary negotiation, combating unconscious bias, claiming authority in the classroom or other work environments, and how to advocate for gender equity.
- Workshops that focus on professional development are encouraged. Possible topics include time management, communication skills, leadership, interviewing skills, etc.
A panel of 3-4 persons who present their work and expertise on a common theme, issue, or question, and then discuss them with the audience.
Presenters will showcase/demonstrate/discuss technology and/or research used within their field of study or career.
Submission deadline is 11:59pm, January 26, 2021. To submit a proposal, please provide the following information:
- Contact information and brief (1-2 sentence) bios of all presenters.
- The title of your workshop, presentation, or panel.
- An abstract of your session to be printed in the conference program and on the conference website. The abstract should clearly define how the session relates to women and technology.
- Specify primary audience: staff, faculty, students, or professional.
- Specify recommended audience level: Beginner, intermediate, and/or advanced.
Multiple proposal submissions are welcome; please submit each one separately.