Advocates & Allies for Equity is currently an IU group of male faculty, working as an auxiliary to our Center. The group actively promotes and supports gender and intersectionality equity efforts at Indiana University. The goal is to increase self awareness of unconscious bias and to encourage actions that champion inclusion in our departments, classrooms, and labs. This assistantship will work with the faculty Advocates group to help move their model from in-person to online, interactive, virtual workshops.
Until now the workshops have been men talking to men and a mixed gender approach will be added in 2020-21. Reporting to the Center’s Executive Director and Advocate and Allies Faculty Chair, this position will also coordinate similar awareness raising marketing and program offerings for graduate students.
- Serve as program manager for the Advocates an Allies Program for faculty and graduate student planning and initiatives.
- Assist faculty in converting to virtual events. Help identify new models for this program.
- Build an engaged learning community of aware and proactive graduate student allies.
- Coordinate marketing plan to raise awareness and recruit for online program, including regular Ally Tips mailings.
- Serve on Allies and Advocates faculty team.
- Collaborate with the undergraduate Allies for Equity leader team.
- Submit weekly progress reports to Advocates and Allies chair and Center director.
- Responsible for working with staff to coordinate data tracking and program evaluation.
All student employees are required to:
- Attend mandatory Student Leadership Orientation Retreat on August 28-29, 2020.
- Attend and work at our annual Technology Summit on on March 5-6, 2021